Great Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes to Try
There are some dishes that simply can’t budge from your Thanksgiving Day menu lest you risk the wrath of your entire family. But sometimes, it’s nice to mix things up a little. We wouldn’t advise you to toss out Great-Grandma’s time-tested stuffing recipe in favor of some fancy gourmet concoction that will raise many a skeptical eyebrow around your table. Instead, we encourage you to embrace a new dish here and there, a slight spin on a classic or an addition to your beloved standard spread. You’ll be surprised how many new favorites might just end up with their own spots on your list of must-makes.
Veggie Sides to Try
This is the turkey’s day to take center stage, but for many, the side dishes are every bit as important – if not more so. If you’re looking to add some new luster to your standard feast, here are a few vegetable-based sides that deserve a place on your Thanksgiving table this year. They might just find a permanent home there:
- Cheesy Brussels Sprout Casserole – This quick and easy side will make Brussel sprouts fans of everyone at your table. After all, what’s not delicious with lots and lots of melty cheese?
- Holiday Roasted Vegetables – Sprouts, root veggies, herbs, pecans, and cranberries combine for a delightfully autumnal complement to your meal.
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes – Buttery potatoes meet rich cream cheese for this luscious take on a creamy favorite.
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake – Like mac and cheese minus the pasta, this cauliflower-based casserole also features two different cheeses and bacon. Mmm.
- Garlicky Green Beans with Crispy Onions – Similar to the standard green bean casserole, but without the mush factor, this dish skips the cream-of-mushroom soup and has a fresher appeal than its cousin.
- Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn – Free up some oven space by whipping up this rich and satisfying corn dish in your handy slow-cooker.
You might also like: Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with a Slice of Strawberry Cake
James Hodge Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
Maybe you’re ready to change up more than just your Thanksgiving menu: How does a new car sound? If it sounds as tempting as your favorite recipe, then you simply have to visit James Hodge Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM. At our Paris, Texas, dealership, we have a huge selection of new cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs at amazing prices just for you. Explore our inventory online and then come in when you’re ready to see your top picks in action and take them for a test drive.